11000 University Pkwy
Pensacola, FL 32514
Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Executive
University of West Florida’s online nurse executive master’s degree program will give you the skills and knowledge needed to pursue administrative roles in areas such as nursing informatics, case management, risk management, quality improvement and more. As you learn from nurse educators who are highly experienced in the field, you’ll build a strong foundation in nursing leadership and project management.
Designed for working nurses, the online program features a flexible asynchronous format that allows you to fit your studies into your busy schedule and can be completed in 24 months.
Our nurse executive online program will develop your nursing leadership skills and equip you with the tools you need to improve healthcare processes and outcomes. You’ll study topics that include:
• Financial concepts, principles and theories used in the healthcare industry
• Using technology and information systems to assess programs and outcomes of care, financial decision making and patient safety and care systems
• Development and implementation of basic project plans that can support organizational objectives in a healthcare organization
• Nursing leadership models, styles and theories, along with the functions and roles of management
• Strategic organizational decision making within the healthcare system
• Improvement of processes and outcomes in a healthcare organization
It also includes three practicum courses in which you will acquire 90 hours of practical experience in a nursing leadership role. An additional 135 hours focuses on identifying and resolving a healthcare organization issue through strategic planning, policy development and more.
Our online nurse executive master’s degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Candidates for This Program Include:
• Licensed RNs with a BSN who want to advance into executive nursing roles
• Nurses hoping to enter professions in case management, informatics or risk management
• Current nurses seeking better job opportunities and want to increase their earning potential
• Implement financial principles, concepts and theories in a healthcare environment
• Evaluate the financial status of healthcare systems and decisions
• Discern information using various analysis, classification and management tools
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999