11000 University Pkwy
Pensacola, FL 32514
Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
The Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner online program at the University of West Florida provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to help primary care patients of all ages. The accelerated program will prepare you for a national certification exam through either the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners — a common requirement for nurses to obtain their license as an advanced practice nurse.
Taught by nurse educators with years of experience in nursing and healthcare, the fully online curriculum is tailored for working nurses, allowing you to complete your coursework anytime, anywhere.
Some of the key topics you will study include:
• The theoretical and clinical principles for health assessment
• Evaluating, diagnosing and managing a patient’s health problems in a quality, safe and cost-effective approach
• The mechanisms producing various symptoms of diseases
• A foundation in the concepts and theories of nursing
• Implementation of evidence-based theories and concepts to improve nursing practice
• Use of organizational theory and leadership to influence positive change in complex healthcare systems
• How diverse populations influence health issues
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), our family nurse practitioner online program will prepare you for a variety of advanced nursing areas.
The online FNP program additionally requires the completion of 600 practicum hours. Through the practicum courses, you’ll explore and implement skills for diagnosis, management and assessment for the long-term health needs of different groups of individuals, including adults, children, families and women.
Candidates for This Program Include:
• Working nurses with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing who want to advance into high-demand nursing roles
• Nurses preparing to take a national certification exam
• Current nurses who want to increase their earning potential and have a higher level of responsibility
• Use organizational and systems leadership to provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care
• Effectively communicate to improve healthcare for patients of all ages
• Complete a national certification exam
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999