11000 University Pkwy
Pensacola, FL 32514
Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
The online master of education in educational leadership degree program from the University of West Florida will prepare you for a variety of administrative and supervisory positions in public, private and other school settings. The curriculum was designed to meet the 10 Florida Principal Leadership Standards and associated competencies and seeks to prepare students for the Florida Educational Leadership Exam. Passing scores on the FELE are required prior to graduation.
With faculty who are themselves highly experienced educators, you will gain valuable mentors and leadership resources during the 24-month duration. Our program has been recognized as one of the most affordable master’s degrees in educational leadership for 2018 by BestCollegesOnline.org, as well as one of the best online master’s programs in educational leadership for 2018 by BestColleges.com.
The program’s collaborative learning environment utilizes live video sessions that are recorded and eight-week courses that allow you to focus on one class at a time.
In our online educational leadership master’s program, you will study key topics such as:
• Theories and practices used to increase human relations and communications in an educational institution
• Improving learning programs through effective human resources
• The various laws and policies related to education
• Principles, trends, practices and financial support systems used in financing public education
• Issues, practices and theories relevant to school administration
• The tools and concepts used to evaluate student learning outcomes and progress
• Foundations of curriculum development
• Usage of student achievement data to develop curricula and learning environments that will further enhance student learning
Candidates for This Program Include:
• Those wanting to improve the educational experience for their school’s students
• Current teachers who wish to pursue an administrative role, such as principal, dean or district supervisor
• Students seeking an educational leadership role in Florida
• Promote student-centered achievement and learning
• Model and participate in shared governance based upon data-driven decision making
• Develop a positive school culture and healthy climate
• Mentor and guide teachers in their professional growth and leadership
• Model ethical and collegial leadership behaviors for your teachers and stakeholders
• Support continuous school improvement efforts for the benefit of all stakeholders
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999