Public health is a multidisciplinary field, combining public policy, research, and population health sciences, with a focus on promoting healthy practices and preventing disease among populations. UVM’s online Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health is a concise, six-course introduction to the field of public health.
Our online Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health enables you to explore current public health and health policy issues while building a strong foundation in population health sciences, including epidemiology, biostatistics, and environmental health.
The program is designed for medical and graduate students, health practitioners, public health professionals, researchers, and others who want to increase their knowledge and prepare for further graduate study.
Our program teaches you to:
- Evaluate and improve the health of a variety of populations
- Work with a collaborative network of professionals in healthcare, government, and non-profit organizations
- Navigate multiple levels of community resources
- Understand changes to the healthcare system and new requirements for accountability
- Implement new models for population-based medical practice
- Prepare for graduate study or research in public health and related field