Master of Arts in Education-Special Education, Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Early Childhood
The Master of Arts in Education-Special Education, Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Early Childhood offered by the University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) prepares proficient and skilled professionals for high-demand careers serving infants, toddlers, and young children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities in community and school settings. This 36-credit program is designed for certified K-12 educators who wish to prepare for a career in this field.
The University Certificate in Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Early Childhood can be earned at the post-baccalaureate level by successfully completing four courses.
The UT Permian Basin School of Education certification programs are fully accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC).
The UT Permian Basin School of Education proudly achieved full accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) in October, 2007.
All courses are offered by UT Permian Basin.
- EDUC 6302 Cultural Diversity in Education and the Social Sciences
- EDUC 6304 Educational Psychology
- EDSP 6346 Foundation and Legal Aspects of Special Education
- Special Education, Autism Core
- EDEC 6312 Development of the Whole Child
- EDEC 6314 Parent Involvement in Early Childhood Education
- EDEC 6315 Young Exceptional Learners
- EDSP 6341 Behavior Management and Social Skills
- EDSP 6344 Methods for Teaching Exceptional Learners
- EDSP 6347 Characteristics of ASD and Developmental Disorders
- EDSP 6348 Curriculum and Instruction for Young Exceptional Children
- Culminating Experience
- EDSP 6392 Practicum 1: Early Intervention Settings
- EDSP 6392 Practicum 2: Early Childhood Settings
36 Total Credits
PARTICIPATING INSTITUTION AND ADVISOR
UT Permian Basin
Program Coordinator, Visiting Senior Lecturer
Degree Awarded: Master of Arts in Education, Special Education-Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Early Childhood
SACS - The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.