Master of Education in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification
Earn Your M.Ed. From UTRGV Online
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is dedicated to helping educators like you achieve new levels of success. That's why we offer a variety of high quality Master of Education programs, taught by respected faculty, who make earning a graduate degree an achievable goal—without having to give up your current job and income.
Choose from six online M.Ed. programs and benefit from the same high quality education and renowned faculty that all UTRGV students enjoy:
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification
- M.Ed. in Special Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction with a Specialization in Science Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction with a Specialization in Mathematics Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction with a Specialization in Elementary Math and Science Education
Top Reasons to Enroll
- Prepare for school leadership positions
- Select programs are eligible for the TEACH Grant
- Multiple start dates each year for flexibility and convenience
- Affordable tuition, 100% online coursework
- Complete in as few as 10 months, depending on your program
- $2,000 scholarship available for participating students from partner organizations
In this program, you will gain:
- Educator management and leadership skills
- Applications relevant to socio-culturally diverse educational settings
- Increased knowledge and specialized skill set
- Flexible, relevant course work to enhance your leadership abilities in school administration
Awards & Accolades
- Poised to be the second largest Hispanic-serving institution in the U.S.
- Named No. 10 in the Best Master’s Universities Rankings by Washington Monthly, 2015
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from a foreign institution, and provide official transcripts, except for students who received their undergraduate degree from UTRGV
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate work. Otherwise, a qualifying GRE test score must be submitted.
• Resume detailing educational background and work experience. Not all programs require a teaching degree.
• Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree