University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
College of Public Health and Administration
Master of Health Science
1 University Boulevard
San Marcos, CA 92069
Master of Health Science
Whether you want to expand your knowledge of evidence-based practice, teach at the collegiate level, or garner the career benefits of additional credentials, our Master of Health Science program can help position you for success. We offer a general MHS degree, applicable to any of the health sciences and a specialization in Athletic Training for athletic trainers who want to become leaders in their field. The MHS degree can be completed entirely online, providing the flexibility to fit into a busy lifestyle and allowing you to continue working while earning your degree.
- The program is designed to meet the needs of working professionals – allowing you to further your education while maintaining your employment and personal obligations.
- The program consists of six (6) trimesters, which may be completed in two (2) years or less when students attend full time - 6 credits per trimester.
- Each trimester consists of two (2) or three (3) courses, where you will collaborate with classroom peers and faculty in discussions, activities, and advanced coursework.
- The program is capped with a comprehensive project that distills everything you’ve learned and can be submitted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal, presented at a conference, or shared among your colleagues in your work place.
- If you are a licensed athletic trainer, a certified athletic trainer, or an athletic therapist you are eligible to complete the MHS degree with a specialization in athletic training.
The MHS program can be completed entirely online, providing the opportunity for students, including working healthcare practitioners or administrators, to obtain advanced credentials and expertise. The program includes an optional on-campus residency and an option to complete an internship as elective coursework.
As an online USAHS student, you also can take advantage of a variety of extracurricular activities such as journal clubs, group projects, dynamic discussion groups, campus wellness events, and guest lectures at any of the University’s campus locations. In addition, online courses and learning resources can be accessed 24/7 – providing the flexibility to fit the busy schedules working professionals must manage.
The Master of Health Science (MHS) degree program at University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers three convenient start dates throughout the year (Fall/January, Spring/May, Fall/August), so you can get started sooner and at a time that's most convenient for you.
Accreditation:Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
Facts & Figures
Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999