The University of Scranton
Master of Accountancy
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510
Master of Accountancy
Gain the finance and accounting skills needed for career advancement with The University of Scranton’s online Master of Accountancy (MAcc). Housed in the AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management, students experience a rigorous curriculum developed by award-winning instructors and researchers. The program is built on core competencies that emphasize the development of soft skills and practical strategy. The program also includes the premier, Big 4 Firms-endorsed Wiley CPAexcel® in order to prepare students to pass the CPA exam. The 30-credit-hour online MAcc program also fulfills the 150 credit hours required by most states to take the CPA exam.
Upon completion of the program, students are prepared to:
- Apply practical knowledge in the field of accounting including how knowledge is generated and disseminated
- Apply advanced approaches to leveraging accounting as a means of solving business problems
- Comprehend and employ skills needed for identifying and navigating red flags that could indicate occupational fraud
- Critically analyze accounting information to disseminate value-added insights for the firm for effective economic decisions
- Understand the global environment and critical leadership roles that are associated within the broader business environment
- Demonstrate effective and advanced communication skills to key stakeholders within and outside of the firm
The University of Scranton’s online MAcc program is designed for busy, full-time accounting professionals who need a flexible and asynchronous degree program to accommodate their full schedules. The program is entirely online, allowing students the opportunity to study and continue their education how and when it is convenient for them. The curriculum is also frequently updated and influenced by The University of Scranton’s Accounting Department Partnership Council (ADPC), a group of practicing CPAs who have partnered with The University’s Accounting Department for consulting, student mentorship, and alumni networking.
Accreditation:Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid Description: Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Program, Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan Program, Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Program, Perkins Loans.
Locale: Small City