University of Saint Joseph
School of Health And Natural Sciences
Master of Science in Chemistry - Online
Master of Science in Chemistry
Enhance your skills in the chemical sciences and prepare for professional advancement with USJ’s graduate program in Chemistry.
Designed for working professionals, the program offers flexible options with all courses offered online.
About USJ’s Graduate Program in Chemistry:
- You may culminate your degree with either a thesis or non-thesis option, each of which results in 30 graduate-level credits and a Master of Science degree.
- Courses include Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Introduction to the Chemistry of Cancer and more.
- The program provides high school teachers with unique opportunities to broaden your application of chemistry by taking courses such as Organic Spectroscopy, Forensic Chemistry, Biochemistry of Cancer and Biochemistry of Obesity and Diabetes.
- Graduate application and nonrefundable $50 application fee
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all institutions the student has attended
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, in Chemistry or in a closely related discipline
- Science GPA of 2.8 or higher
- The prerequisites for admission include: two semesters each of introductory Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics (all with labs), and two semesters of Calculus
- Two letters of recommendation
- A completed planned program of study
M.S. in Chemistry program requirements:
Within the program you will complete 30 credits worth of graduate level course work; 9 credits coming from the required courses and 21 credits coming from elective courses.
- CHEM 520 - Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 525 - Biochemistry I
- CHEM 560/561 - Advanced Organic Chemistry I/II
The University of Saint Joseph is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City