The Master of Science in Biochemistry is an integrated program combining coursework in the fields of Biology and Chemistry in an online format.
As a graduate, you will have employment opportunities in Biology and Chemistry, as well as in jobs requiring an integrated program. You will also be prepared for professional training in medicine, pharmacy and allied health programs. This program is perfect for members of the armed services stationed throughout the world. Our flexible format will meet their terms and locations of service.
Designed for working professionals, the program offers flexible options with all courses offered online.
ABOUT USJ’S GRADUATE PROGRAM IN BIOCHEMISTRY:
- You may culminate your degree with either a thesis or non-thesis option, each of which results in 30 graduate-level credits and a Master of Science degree.
- Courses include Biochemistry, Molecular Genetics, Medicinal Chemistry, Introduction to the Biochemistry of Cancer, and more.
- The program provides high school teachers with unique opportunities to broaden your application of chemistry and biology by taking courses such as Toxicology, Forensic Chemistry, Biochemistry of Cancer and Biochemistry of Obesity and Diabetes.
- Graduate application and nonrefundable $50 application fee
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in Biochemistry or a closely related discipline
- A science GPA of 2.8 or higher
- The prerequisites for admissions include two semesters each of introductory Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics (all with labs), and two semesters of Calculus
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official undergraduate transcript
- A completed planned program of study
M.S. IN BIOCHEMISTRY PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
Within the program you will complete 30 credits worth of graduate level course work; 12 credits coming from the required courses and 18 credits coming from elective courses.
- CHEM 500 - Chemical Thermodynamics
- CHEM 525 - Biochemistry I
- CHEM 530 - Biochemistry II
- CHEM 575 - Mendelian and Population Genetics
The University of Saint Joseph is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.