University of Saint Joseph
School of Health And Natural Sciences
Doctor of Nursing Practice - Online
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Advance your nursing career at the University of Saint Joseph, earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice.
Gain strong knowledge of nursing scholarship, clinical practice, health promotion, disease treatment, and the skills necessary to work in a changing and evolving health care environment.
About USJ’s Doctor of Nursing Practice:
The curriculum meets the requirements of the AACN Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice and incorporates essential concepts such as:
- Advanced nursing practice
- Health promotion and population health
- Organizational and systems leadership
- Inter-professional collaborative skills
- Clinical scholarship
- Evidenced-based practice
- Cultural competence
- Ethics for advanced practice nurses
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a Master’s degree in Nursing
- Must complete 39 credits over a two to four year period in conjunction with your plan of study, created and approved by the program director.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Outcomes:
- Integrates scientific underpinnings from advanced practice nursing.
- Validates evidence based practice through competence in quality improvement, systems thinking, scholarship, and information technology.
- Fosters professional collaboration to improve individual patient outcomes and population health through advocacy and policy.
- Formulates leadership skills to strengthen advanced nursing practice and healthcare delivery.
- Embraces responsibility for advanced nursing practice and healthcare delivery.
- Synthesizes theoretical concepts from nursing practice to improve the care of patients and populations in a culturally competent manner.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate at University of Saint Joseph are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Facts & Figures
Master's College or University I