The M.A. in Educational Leadership program is designed to prepare students for roles in PK-12 school leadership. The program is approved by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) and meets MDE Standards for the Preparation of School Principals. Successful program completers are eligible, upon recommendation by the School of Education, to apply for the Michigan School Administrator Certificate.
The curriculum emphasizes the knowledge and skill base required to meet the opportunities and challenges of PK-12 school administration. The courses are designed to develop educational leadership competency and skills in organizational administration, curriculum development, instructional leadership, personnel, finance, applications of technology, school community relations, data analysis, legal and regulatory issues, and program evaluation. An internship in educational administration is required in the final year of the program. Courses are offered in the evening, online, and Saturdays to accommodate the working professional.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
• Completed application form
• Application fee ($60.00 for those who will be studying on an F or J visa)
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, and proof of secondary school completion (academic records)
• English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB)
• Full Financial Support Information (Required for F and J Visa Students only)
• Health Insurance
• SEVIS DS-2019 Request Form (J Visa Students only)
• Transfer Clearance document (required if student has a previous SEVIS I-20)
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 33
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999