The Path to a better future is one click away...
Click Visit Site below to get information from this school
MA in Curriculum & Instruction: Math & Science
The MA in Curriculum & Instruction (C&I): Math & Science Education Program is designed to support teachers who are interested in developing greater understanding and expertise in the teaching and learning of mathematics and science.
The program helps teachers develop their own content knowledge in mathematics and science, as well as greater understanding of how curriculum and instructional strategies can be tailored to foster K-12 students’ understandings of mathematics and science. Course work focuses on foundations of learning, foundations of education, and subject matter knowledge and pedagogy. The program prepares students to understand the complexities of classroom contexts and teaching practices.
This degree is intended for those interested in preparing for careers in research and teaching in university settings, educational leadership and services to schools, or research and development in the private or non-profit sector.
The School of Education is proud of its educational leadership, working professionally with colleagues and communities to deliver outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs for classroom teachers and future scholars alike. Our faculty members offer personalized, interactive, undergraduate teacher education programs and collaborate on internationally recognized research.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
2. Have a minimum 2.75 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) and in all previous coursework in Education.
3. Have a minimum 3.0 GPA for all post-baccalaureate work.
4. Teaching experience is strongly recommended, and an elementary or secondary teaching license is preferred.
5. International Students only: TOEFL scores (114) or IELTS (8.0)
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999