Graduate Certificate - Global Health
Due to increasing requests from our online MPH students, the UMass Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences has developed the fully online Graduate Certificate in Global Health. This 15 credit program allows current, online UMass Amherst MPH students, and working professionals to gain the following skills in the growing field of Global Health:
- Understand emerging health concerns including infectious diseases in a cross-cultural context.
- Describe their role in planning, implementing, and evaluating global health programs from the community, regional, and national perspective.
- Analyze the social, political, and medical, factors that influence the health of populations globally.
- Describe issues related to health equity and human rights in a global context.
- Describe the role of Non-governmental organizations and the management of health concerns in a global context.
- 100% online format
- Experienced online Faculty
- Flexibility and convenience to pursue the certificate on your time
- Option of a 200 hour in the field international global health practicum
- There are no prerequisites required for the certificate
UMassOnline is regionally accredited by NECHE, New England Commission of Higher Education. In addition, many of each campus' schools and colleges are also accredited by discipline-specific agencies.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Loans Offered: Availability of financial aid varies depending on course status and matriculation. Check with your advisor to determine your eligibility and application procedures.
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 0-999