Master of Science in Homeland Security
The Master of Science in Homeland Security (MSHS) is a 36-credit program offered completely online that is designed for adults interested in leadership positions in the fields of homeland security and emergency preparedness. The curriculum focuses on domestic and global issues in security and developing competencies in theory, analysis, practice and policymaking. Graduates will be prepared to guide and supervise daily operations, strategic planning and decision-making and gain an in-depth understanding of the roles of technology, intelligence and law in establishing protection policies, procedures required to respond and mitigate threats and disasters.
Course work examines law enforcement, terrorism, intelligence, legal issues, emergency management, cyber security, biosecurity and public administration issues to prepare graduates to guide and supervise day-to-day operations, strategic planning and other operations where decision-making is critical.
Master of Science in Homeland Security Program Outcomes
After successfully completing the Master of Science in Homeland Security program, students will be able to:
1. Analyze terrorism as it relates to the United States and internationally.
2. Strategize plans to address disasters and threats to security.
3. Apply statutory and constitutional legal principles to implementation of national and global security strategies.
4. Debate the relationship between security versus personal and societal freedom.
5. Analyze response and recovery efforts in homeland security at the local, state, federal and tribal levels.
6. Analyze national and global intelligence mechanisms, security procedures and organizations as well as the interplay among and between them and public institutions.
7. Evaluate critical resources and key infrastructures that are potential targets of security risk.
Thomas Edison State College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. This prestigious accreditation is part of a national system of quality assurance which requires colleges and universities to reach a common unde
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Master's College or University II
Size & Settings: