Master of Arts in Educational Technology and Online Learning
The Master of Arts in Educational Technology and Online Learning prepares graduates to become leaders and practitioners in educational technology and to develop and administer online programs for all learners, from pre-school to higher education, including adult learners. The program infuses a well-grounded series of applied professional studies in educational technology, online learning, educational leadership and curriculum development. The curriculum provides a solid grounding in both relevant academic theory and applied practice. As part of their course work, students complete a research-based capstone project and applied practicum experience in the field. The program also provides ample opportunities for the personalization of curriculum to meet individual needs with regard to career goals in either P-12 education, adult education, or higher education.
Following are the application deadlines for the Master of Arts in Educational Technology and Online Learning (MAETOL).
• To start January 1st, apply by November 15th
• To start April 1st, apply by February 15th
• To start July 1st, apply by May 15th
• To start October 1st, apply by August 15th
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Educational Technology and Online Learning will be able to:
• Articulate and apply best practices in the creation and delivery of online courses for the target learning group (P-12, adult education, higher education)
• Evaluate online material for integration into online teaching and school management
• Evaluate online curriculum to assess alignment with national content standards (P-12) or programmatic outcomes (higher education)
• Develop a research-based technology plan designed to enhance student learning
• Develop a research-based technology plan to increase overall organization and efficiency of a P-12 school/district and/or higher education institution
Tuition (per credit attempted) $576.00
Application fee $75.00
Graduation fee $280.00
Thomas Edison State College participates in a number of federal and state financial aid programs. Eligible Thomas Edison State College students may receive Pell Grants or Federal Education Loans, such as the Subsidized Stafford Loan and the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, for courses offered by the College. Eligible New Jersey residents also may tap a variety of state grant and loan programs. Students may use state aid to meet all or part of their college costs, provided they are taking at least 12 college credits per term.
Please contact us at (888) 442-8372.
Thomas Edison State College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. This prestigious accreditation is part of a national system of quality assurance which requires colleges and universities to reach a common unde
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Classification: Master's College or University II
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999