Master’s in Applied Data Science
700 University Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244
Master’s in Applied Data Science
DataScience@Syracuse, the online Master of Science in Applied Data Science from Syracuse University, is designed for working professionals interested in developing technical and practical skills to make data-driven decisions and excel in the evolving field of data science.
M.S. in Applied Data Science students complete 36 units of coursework and a portfolio in 18 months. The portfolio provides students with an opportunity to showcase what they’ve learned to Syracuse faculty and potential employers.
DataScience@Syracuse is delivered online through a combination of live, online classes, self-paced coursework and interactive projects. The online learning format facilitates collaboration, problem-solving and in-depth analysis within an interdisciplinary curriculum. Committed to each student’s success, Syracuse offers 24/7 student support, career services and a global alumni network, which graduates can tap into long after they complete their degree.
Coursework and Curriculum
Rooted in information studies, business, management and data science, the interdisciplinary curriculum provides students with a balanced field of knowledge. Students focus on gaining skills in data capture, management, analysis and communication and applying them to glean insights that inform executive decision-making as well as enterprise operations and processes.
Developed and led by esteemed Syracuse University faculty, each course maintains the same academic rigor and standards as on-campus programs. As a result, students earn the same degree and access to opportunities and resources as their on-campus peers.
Graduates leave with the critical skills and advanced technical expertise to make data-driven decisions, implement algorithms and analyze data to solve complex issues and lead change within their field.
DataScience@Syracuse students are dedicated to the data science field. All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
To submit an application, the following items must be included:
- Online application
- Official degree-bearing transcripts
- GRE scores (waivers available)
- Personal statement
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Application fee
Program Benefits: Bulleted list of differentiators; ~5 bullets
- The interdisciplinary curriculum was developed by esteemed faculty from Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies and Whitman School of Management
- DataScience@Syracuse students can earn an online master’s degree from top-ranked Syracuse University without relocating or leaving their job.
- DataScience@Syracuse students attend live, face-to-face online classes every week and complete interactive coursework from any Internet-enabled device.
- DataScience@Syracuse students gain unique specialized skills related to key areas in programming, statistics, analytics, and data capture.
- DataScience@Syracuse students earn the same degree and access to opportunities and resources as their on-campus peers.
Accreditation:Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Midsize City