The Path to a better future is right in front of you
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens Village, NY 11439
Master of Public Health
Online Master of Public Health Degree
The online MPH from St. John's University prepares you to lead the way to a healthier world. You will learn to plan, implement and evaluate projects and interventions; acquire real-world experience with expert faculty and community fieldwork; learn to apply theory to practice; and graduate ready to make a difference in your communities.
Modality: 100% online
Total Credits: 45
Time to Complete: Two years full-time (nine credits/semester including summer), or a maximum of five years part-time (three credits/ semester including summer)
Common Careers: Data analysts, program planners, evaluators, educators and managers
• Community Health Concentration: Advance your career and go in-depth on complex issues such as nutrition and disease prevention and control.
• Practice-Based Faculty: Learn alongside expert faculty who have researched chronic diseases, HIV/AIDS, and more.
• Real-World Experience: Do hands-on coursework and fieldwork that allows you to apply public health concepts to real-world situations—experience that makes you especially competitive in the job market.
• Culminating Coursework: Synthesize your public health skills to refine your research methods and transfer your skills from theory to practice.
• Flexibility and Convenience: Balance your personal and professional commitments with a flexible online schedule that fits your life.
• Vincentian Mission: This program is infused with St. Vincent de Paul’s compassion, zeal for service, and focus on academic excellence.
Graduates of the program gain an education suited for work in a variety of fields in many positions:
• Health educator
• Community health worker
• Dietitian and nutritionist
• Substance abuse counselor
• Survey researcher
• Health and safety engineer
• Forensic pathologist
• Medical writer
The Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the financial aid process. When filling out your FAFSA, list our federal ID: 002823
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• GPA of 3.0
• Satisfactory GRE General Exam scores
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
• If a student scores below the standard requirement on GPA or GRE, the admission committee reserves the right to grant conditional acceptance based on the application’s merit
• Conditional acceptance requires students earn a grade minimum of a “B” for all six core courses
Classification: Master's College or University II
Loans Offered: Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA forms. (Code: 02823)
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999