St. Bonaventure University
M.A. Strategic Leadership
West State Street
Saint Bonaventure, NY 14778
M.A. Strategic Leadership
Become an extraordinary leader with an integrated approach to business, communication, and arts and sciences.
Extraordinary leaders do more than delegate. Extraordinary leaders understand the unique strengths of those they lead, and they capitalize on those strengths to create a strong culture that serves their organization, the people within their organization, and the community and society surrounding their organization.
If you aspire to become an extraordinary leader in our global marketplace, our interdisciplinary approach to strategic leadership can take you there in as few as 12 months — just two, seven-week online courses at a time. For those wishing to enroll in part-time study, the program offers flexibility and can be completed in two years.
Our online Master of Arts in Strategic Leadership program, which fuses business, journalism, mass communication, education, and arts and sciences, has a great reputation in the marketplace and serves a higher purpose by igniting students to immediately impact the world around them. The program provides a highly interactive, team-based learning experience encompassing the following objectives:
Understand the role of leadership in decision making.
Develop strategies that promote growth and positive change.
Learn how to adapt and respond to global changes.
Develop essential problem-solving skills.
Enhance your communication and conflict-resolution skills.
Understand and articulate your personal ideal of ethical leadership.
About the Leadership Portfolio Project
As part of your degree, you complete a comprehensive Leadership Portfolio. This Portfolio shows what you know to potential employers by demonstrating your professional development throughout the program.
This program teaches leadership and strategic decision making skills; it is an accelerated, one-year, 33-credit online master’s program, or a two-year, part-time program that blends current leadership theory and practice with strong communication concepts. Online courses are taken in eight-week sessions, with two sessions offered per semester.
- A completed application
- A short essay stating your goals for engaging in such a learning experience
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
- A current résumé that shows at least three years of working experience
- No GRE/GMAT required
- MSL 605 Leadership and Values
- MSL 610 Leadership and Diversity
- MSL 615 Developing Human Resources
- MSL 620 Global Leadership
- MSL 625 Organizational Structure and Behavior
- MSL 630 Leading the Digital World
- MSL 635 Conflict Resolution
- MSL 640 Leading Change
- MSL 645 Organizational Performance
- MSL 650 Legal and Political Environments
- MSL 655 Project in Strategic Leadership
- MSL 660 Leadership Portfolio
Accreditation:Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Remote Town
Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999