San Diego State University
College of Extended Studies
Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM)
This program is for individuals who are mid-level managers with 5 to 15 years of experience and who aspire to advance to the next level of leadership as a director, general manager, or CEO within a hospitality, recreation, or tourism organization or agency. And, experienced professionals who wish to continue their education while maintaining their current positions within the industry.
This program focuses on the development of strategic leadership, analytical and administrative organizational skills specific to the hospitality and tourism industry in a context that we believe is unique.
• Close the gap needed to move from basic leadership/managerial positions into complex leadership positions in national and multi-national organizations in this growing field
• Prepare for the transition into positions requiring greater responsibility and accountability
• Take advantage of a blended method of instruction using intensive, on-campus instruction complemented by online teaching and off-campus experiential activities/projects
• Gain skills for the increasingly complex and demanding role of leading in the "memories" business
• Innovate within your organization while developing your own skill set
• Expand your ability to make a difference in the HTM marketplace
• Enhance your self-confidence and sense of personal mastery
• Become a leader in hospitality, recreation, and tourism organizations successfully into the 2020s and beyond
SDSU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: