Saint Leo University
Master of Accounting
33701 State Road 52
Saint Leo, FL 33574
Master of Accounting
Gain strong technical skills in accounting and financial reporting with the School of Business’ Master of Accounting (MAcc).
The MAcc curriculum expands the competencies of aspiring and working professionals, providing an in-depth study of advanced accounting principles. The program prepares students to pass the CPA and CMA exams, earn the required 150 hours for licensure, and excel in public accounting firms, corporations, governmental agencies and nonprofit organizations.
In addition to the MAcc, Saint Leo offers an MBA with an Accounting Concentration. The MBA provides a more general business foundation than the MAcc, which provides more in-depth knowledge in the specific field of accounting. According to the American Institute of CPAs, the MAcc continues to be the dominant degree for accountants at the graduate level—82 percent of master’s graduates hired by CPA firms in 2011 held a MAcc degree.
The Master of Accounting program prepares you to:
- Resolve financial reporting issues of both U.S. and multinational business entities, governmental agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Apply knowledge of tax laws for planning and compliance purposes.
- Recognize and evaluate areas of potential legal concern in the business environment.
- Evaluate, interpret and apply relevant professional standards to complex accounting-related issues, and arrive at well-thought out conclusions.
- Analyze financial statements within the context of firm valuation.
- Identify ethical issues and decision alternatives by incorporating appropriate professional codes of conduct and social responsibility.
The Master of Accounting curriculum has been developed based on the requirements of the CPA exams and a review of other well established programs.
Accreditation:Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University II
Loans Offered: Stafford Loans Available. Saint Leo FAFSA Code: 001526.
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 0-999