1515 W Cypress Creek Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
M.S. in Finance - Financial Planning
Enhance your expertise and gain the advanced credentials needed to pursue leadership and senior positions in the field of finance. Complete your degree 100% online, on your schedule.
• Program Highlights: Study corporate finance, risk analysis and management, financial statement analysis, financial markets, business communications, portfolio management, retirement planning, investing, and more.
• Certifications: Prepare to sit for the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) exams, depending on your concentration.*†
• Career Opportunities: Chief executive (CFO), treasurer and controller, investment fund manager, risk management specialist, investment underwriter, financial quantitative analyst
• CFP® Board-Registered: This program, with a concentration in financial planning, is a CFP® Board-Registered Program in financial planning education.†
Develop financial plans, evaluating the appropriate principles, concepts, and frameworks for financial decision making. The Master of Science in Finance with a concentration in financial planning is a CFP Board-Registered Program in financial planning education and meets the specific criteria for educating individuals who wish to fulfill the education component for obtaining CFP® certification. After successfully completing the program, graduates must register for and complete FP 107: Financial Plan Development, provided by Kaplan Professional, if they wish to meet all education requirements necessary to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. Individuals who meet CFP Board's education requirement are eligible to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. Successful completion of the education and examination components completes two of the core prerequisites to obtain CFP® certification.†
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. Certain finance positions may require further certification and/or licensing by individual states. This program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements for licensure or certification, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. For detailed information related to obtaining CFP® certification, you may access the CFP Board website located at: www.cfp.net. Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
Classification: Associate's College
Locale: Small City
For more information about program cost, educational debt, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please click here