1515 W Cypress Creek Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Prepare to diagnose, treat, and manage chronic health conditions, conduct evidence-based practice, and deliver preventive care for adults of all ages. Complete your courses online, on your schedule.
• Program Highlights: Study advanced physiology, pathophysiology, health assessment, diagnostic reasoning, pharmacology, and pharmacotherapeutics; and primary care of adults, women’s health, and the elderly.
• Certifications: Prepare for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners’ (AANP) Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner certification exams.
• CCNE Accredited: The postgraduate APRN certificate programs at Purdue University Global are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.CCNEAccreditation.org).
• Practice Experiences: Complete clinical practice sessions where you can apply what you learn in a real-world setting.*
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
Graduates who pass the relevant certification exam may be academically eligible for licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse in any state in which the program is available for enrollment. Licensure-track programs may limit enrollment to students in certain states; please refer to Licensure.PurdueGlobal.edu for additional information on licensure, state authorizations, and program availability. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams.
Please note that most states require nurses to be nationally certified and to have completed an accredited graduate nursing program in order to obtain licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse. Each national certification provider and state Board of Nursing will have eligibility requirements in addition to these educational requirements, such as passing a criminal background check. Students are responsible for determining whether they are eligible for state Board of Nursing approval and certification as an advanced practice registered nurse in their state. Students can obtain additional information from their state's Board of Nursing, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
* Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
Classification: Associate's College
Locale: Small City
For more information about program cost, educational debt, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please click here