The Path to a better future is right in front of you
1425 W. Lincoln Hwy
Dekalb, IL 60115
Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Education
With Northern Illinois University's online M.S. in Nursing - Nurse Educator program, you'll gain advanced nursing skills to take advantage of major growth areas in the field of nursing.
You will learn to help other nursing professionals gain additional skills and make an impact on overall patient care. With your M.S. in Nursing - Nursing Education specialization, you’ll graduate ready to teach associate- or bachelor-level programs, as well as educate nurses within hospitals and health care systems.
• Credits Required: 41 credit hours.
• Cost Per Credit Hour: $650 per credit hour.
• Time to Completion: Full-time students can complete their degree in as few as two years.The maximum time to completion is six years.
• Accreditation: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
These skills also put you in high demand. Between 2016 and 2017, U.S. nursing schools turned away 64,067 qualified applicants, due in part to a lack of faculty to teach them.1 As a nurse educator, you could earn an average annual salary of $73,503.2
Our online M.S. in Nursing has the following admissions requirements:
• 3.0 minimum GPA.
• A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited program.
• Official transcripts.
• Written goal statement.
• Three professional letters of reference.
• At least 2,000 hours of clinical practice experience in a specialty area within the three years prior to admission.
1American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (April 26, 2017). Nursing Faculty Shortage (Rep.). Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, from
2Payscale. (n.d.). Average Nurse Educator Salary. Retrieved Jan. 31, 2019, from
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Small Suburb
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999