Graduate and Professional Studies
Writing for Children and Young Adults
The McDaniel College Writing for Children & Young Adults (WCYA) Certificate Program is designed for working professionals who want a straight path to publishing in the field. The graduate online courses are taught by experts in the field, including editors at major publishing houses and published children and young adult authors.
Key Features of the WCYA program include:
• Take the next step toward publishing your works.
• Learn from and network with industry professionals and award-winning authors.
• Receive peer and expert critiques.
• Hone your writing and editing skills.
• Fit courses into your busy schedule with flexible online course delivery.
• Pursue just one course or take the whole program for a graduate certificate.
• No course sequencing—Take what you want when you want.
• Earn graduate credit that can be transferred into McDaniel’s Master of Liberal Arts (MLA) program.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
Baccalaureate College—Liberal Arts
Size & Settings: