Earn Your Master of Social Work from LSU Online
If you seek a rewarding career aiming to transform lives, try the LSU online Master of Social Work degree program. This advanced direct concentration program focuses on working with individuals, groups, and communities.
If you already have a bachelor’s degree in social work, you can complete the program in one year as an advanced standing student. The “advanced instruction year” includes courses such as advanced direct practice, community and agency contexts for direct practice, and advanced social policy.
For those without a BSW, the program takes two years to complete, if you take two classes at a time. The first year of the program is a “foundation year” with an internship, followed by the advanced instruction year.
After 60 hours of study, all students must complete either a thesis or non-thesis exit requirement. This program features the flexibility of online course work ideal for working professionals, with all courses taught by LSU’s respected faculty consisting of renowned international scholars and researchers.
Top Reasons to Enroll
- Complete your degree in one year if you already have a BSW degree
- Online courses in 7-week modules
- CSWE-accredited program
- Multiple start dates each year for flexibility and convenience
- Affordable tuition, 100% online course work
- Exit requirement includes thesis and non-thesis options
In this program, you will gain:
- Skills and tools to help people in areas such as child welfare, substance abuse treatment, gerontology, and more
- Thorough understanding of social work practice, history, policy, research, diversity, oppression, and human behavior
- Advanced knowledge of social policy, agency operations, and program evaluation
- Expanded career opportunities in social work
• Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™)
• Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)