Master of Education: Teaching and Learning
In today’s climate of educational reform, educational leaders are needed who are knowledgeable of the reform process from multiple perspectives, and who are prepared to engage in reflective practices that can affect policy and procedure. Inherent in this process is the concept of the reflective decision-maker.
The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning, aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and fully accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, is designed to enable individuals who work in education or related settings to develop competencies that are characteristic of those who assume leadership roles in bringing about improvement.
The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning Degree is appropriate for, but not limited to individuals:
• Teaching in public and private settings as well as early education or intermediate unit programs
• Interested in increasing their skills and knowledge and enhancing their effectiveness as teacher-leaders
• Interested in developing skills to become educational change agents
• Who have an interest in seeking National Board Certification
• Teaching in higher education settings who have an interest in instructional improvement
• In training and development who want to increase their skills and knowledge of instructional process
Accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Aligned with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
International Student Requirements:
A certified copy of all educational credentials from any secondary or post secondary institutions must be submitted. A certified literal translation must be submitted with all documents.
All non-native speakers of English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Education Testing Service. A minimum score of 213 (computer-based), 79-80 (internet-based) or 550 (paper-based) is required. NOTE: Because this program is entirely online, international students may not be eligible to receive a students visa.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $429 In-state, $644 Out of State USD
Classification: Master's College or University II
Locale: Fringe Town
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999