The Path to a better future is right in front of you
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
MS in Data Science - Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Online Master of Science in Data Science
Build your skill-set in data mining, data visualization, predictive analysis and data management with Lewis University's online MS in Data Science degree. Students will have the opportunity to leverage cutting-edge cloud computing resources and use an array of techniques and theories such as linear algebra and distributed storage and processing — all to identify trends and solve problems with big data.
• Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: This concentration looks at data analysis from the perspective of biology and prepares students to develop solutions for computational biology and bioinformatics data management projects. Students will use data mining to design custom pharmaceuticals, track the spread of disease, and understand and apply genomic data. The courses will engage students in solving current problems in the healthcare industry that require the processing and presentation of large quantities of data.
o 100% online format
o Complete in as little as 2 years
Why Choose Lewis University?
• Personalized, flexible education that fits your career goals, with the option to choose a targeted concentration area.
• Relatable and engaging coursework is based off real-world examples ensuring that what you are able to fully leverage the skills immediately in your career.
• Experienced faculty who have tremendous industry experience and who share their passion for computer science and the latest learning in a fast-changing field.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
o Applicants without undergraduate coursework in data science or a related field may have to take additional coursework
• Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
o Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may be admitted on a conditional basis
• International students have a TOEFL test score greater than 550 (computer-based 213; Internet-based 79).
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Loans are available for those who qualify. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Lewis University FAFSA School Code: 001707.
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 0-999