Lasell's M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Grades 1-6) provides the foundation and professional qualifications needed to lead a dynamic, inclusive, and engaging elementary classroom.
Gain professional licensure to begin or enhance your career as an elementary-level educator
Students in the Master of Education in Elementary Education program will:
- Explore and master teaching techniques for a diverse range of learners
- Engage with current educational policy and research
- Hone skills in curriculum development and student assessment
- Develop, carry out, and present a personal research project
An in-depth, flexible format
- 36 credits of coursework: 18 credits in required courses, 18 credits in licensure requirements
- 300 hours (minimum) of student teaching experience in an elementary classroom
- Coursework can be completed through online classes or in a hybrid model that consists of both online and on-campus classes
- 8-week modules are flexible, convenient, and affordable
A community of learners
Our faculty is made up of experts in elementary education who are well versed in current trends and practices, engaged in meaningful research, and present regularly at conferences. Lasell professors are invested in forging real relationships and consistently go the extra mile to counsel and mentor their students.
Valuable professional experiences
Put your learning into practice through an immersive practicum: a research project that provides students the opportunity to design and execute an in-depth study on a topic of interest. This unparalleled opportunity will help to prepare you to be a change agent in the classroom and a leader in the field of elementary education.
Whether you're thinking of beginning a career as an elementary educator or are already working in a classroom and hope to become the teacher of record, Lasell's Master of Education in Elementary Education program will provide rich professional experience and the required licensure to position you to effect real change in the lives of students.
Lasell College is fully accredited by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.