Master of Education in Teacher Leadership with specialization in Gifted and Talented
Earn your M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership with a Specialization in Gifted & Talented online
The online M.Ed. in Special Education in Gifted & Talented online degree program is designed to prepare you to serve children with exceptional creative or academic abilities. Learn the design, methodologies and techniques of scientifically based educational research with particular emphasis on unique characteristics and needs of gifted and talented students as they relate to both family and classroom dynamics.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to:
- Apply scientifically based methodologies and techniques that help gifted and talented learners excel to their full potential
- Build key relationships with students, teachers, faculty, parents and the community at large to support learning
- Understand, identify and direct creative behavior in gifted and talented students, as well as examine and analyze issues in gifted education
Top reasons to enroll
- Lamar University’s online programs are recognized as among the best in the nation in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Programs rankings
- One of the fastest-growing public universities in Texas
- Member The Texas State University System®
Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lamar University.
Lamar University’s College of Education and Human Development is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Formerly the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), CAEP advances excellence in educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999