Earn your M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership online
Lamar University’s M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership online program is designed to develop instructional leaders who know how to design curricula, implement research-based instructional strategies and effectively motivate students at all stages of development and ability levels. This program gives you the tools to understand the strengths and structure of learning communities that develop a culture of change and improvement for student learning through team building and mentoring.
As a graduate of the program, you will have the skills to:
- Develop data-driven curriculum and instruction with socio-cultural factors that affect learning in mind
- Build key relationships with students, teachers, faculty, parents and the community at large to support learning
- Tailor instructional programs to assist, instruct and support the educational needs of English language learners, special education students and economically disadvantaged students
Top reasons to enroll
- Lamar University’s online programs are recognized as among the best in the nation in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Programs rankings
- One of the fastest-growing public universities in Texas
- Member The Texas State University System®
Accreditation:Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lamar University. Lamar University’s College of Education and Human Development is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Formerly the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), CAEP advances excellence in educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999