Master of Education in School Counseling
Earn your Master of Education in School Counseling online
The Lamar University M.Ed. in School Counseling online degree program is designed to prepare you to help students who are struggling emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially. This program features individual and group counseling theories and techniques, giving you the tools to provide expert guidance at each stage of development.
As a graduate of the program, you will have the skills to:
- Assist students with career development
- Design and apply qualitative, quantitative and mixed-method approaches to research and program evaluation
- Navigate legal issues, ethical principles and professional standards of conduct in counseling
Top reasons to enroll
- Lamar University’s online programs are recognized as among the best in the nation in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Programs rankings
- One of the fastest-growing public universities in Texas
- Member The Texas State University System®
Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lamar University.
Lamar University’s College of Education and Human Development is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Formerly the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), CAEP advances excellence in educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999