Master of Education in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Your path to become a licensed practitioner begins with the Online M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program. You will learn the clinical skills to work more effectively in a variety of clinical settings related to mental health diagnosis.
Upon completion, you are fully prepared to pursue certification as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC). These credentials open doors to careers at community health centers, hospitals, veteran's administration centers and private practice.
- Aligned with national standards for mental health counseling
- Weekly web conferences with your professors
- You can complete your field experience in a wide variety of clinical settings
- Designed to match the curricular experiences for licensure in the vast majority of states
- Complete tuition package of $250 per credit hour in-state - S292 out-of-state includes:
- Administration fees
- On-campus housing during residency
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
Top Reasons to Enroll
- Convenient online classes
- No GRE required with a 3.0 GPA (or higher) undergrad or last 60 hours
- Ranked #1 for affordability*
Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Accreditation of The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and in Deaf Education
The Lamar University College of Education and Human Development is approved by the Texas Education Agency.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999