The Path to a better future is right in front of you
School of Education
2800 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21218
Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
The online 18-credit School Administration and Supervision certificate program is designed to reflect the rigor of the School of Education’s face-to-face School Administration and Supervision certificate program while utilizing the convenience of the online platform to prepare rising K-12 school leaders for the transition into leadership with unparalleled knowledge and support.
There are two options within the online certificate;
1) a Flexible option, open to any school-district employed certified teachers and other certified personnel and
2) an option for JHU TFA corps members that follows a cohort model.
In addition to the standard School of Education admissions requirements, applicants are expected to:
1) be certified teachers or other certified school personnel
2) be currently employed by a school district or an accredited independent school, 3) hold a master’s degree and
4) Identify a person who will served as a mentor (during the final internship course). The mentor must have either Administrator I or II certification and be currently working in an administrative or supervisory capacity. Additionally, the mentor should be willing to coach the intern and to meet on a regular basis to provide assistance to the intern in experiencing the many facets of leadership.
As one of the top-ranked schools of education in the country according to the U.S. News & World Report, the School of Education is concerned with aligning cutting-edge, evidence-based research with practical experience to arm new school leaders with the appropriate tools to transform their schools and sustain change.
The theory of action that undergirds our online approach is steeped in ongoing research at JHU and beyond around sound leadership preparation. School leaders continually face unique challenges in the education landscape:
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 18
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999