Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Technology Integration
This 15-credit online certificate program prepares master teachers to become proficient at integrating technology into standards-based curriculum to improve student learning. Candidates become technology leaders in the classroom, school, and district.
The goals of the program are for students to:
- Engage in planning, teaching, and assessment centered around the needs and abilities of students.
- Develop proactive leadership skills for developing a shared vision for educational technology among all education stakeholders, including teachers and support staff, school and district administrators, teacher educators, students, parents, and the community.
Upon successful completion of the program, we expect students will:
- Develop skills for advanced technologies—including e-learning, telecommunications and multimedia-based instruction, tools for instructional management and assessment, and adaptive computer access.
- Engage in technology integration—applying the new science of learning, 21st century skills, and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning, as well as the use of authentic assessment strategies, differentiated instruction and appropriate technology tools to accommodate all learners, including students with special needs.
- Build leadership skills for mentoring, consulting, professional development, and systems change.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 15
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 850 USD
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999