The Ed.S. in Special Education is designed to meet the current demands of teachers who are certified in Special Education, as they pursue graduate preparation beyond the Master’s degree. Candidates in the program complete content specific requirements in one’s concentration area in Special Education: Adaptive Curriculum or General Curriculum.
The program requires 33 semester hours and is unique in that it provides opportunities to:
* Collaborate with others across disciplines;
* Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills;
* Apply and extend content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research;
* Continue development of technology skills and develop skills in using technology to impact and assess student learning; and
* Conduct action research related to one’s concentration area in Special Education.