Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management
Georgetown University's Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management provides technology professionals with a unique educational experience—coupling business management skills with technology knowledge—to develop the next generation of well-rounded senior technologists who are equipped and ready to meet the challenges faced by today’s always-on companies and organizations.
Students move their IT career forward by learning and developing proven techniques—including business as well as IT skills—to spearhead major technology initiatives and create cultures of innovation and engagement:
- Master critical-thinking skills needed to analyze key business issues and develop creative solutions to business and technology challenges.
- Maximize market, entrepreneurial, international expansion, customer service and revenue opportunities through technological innovations.
- Hone the leadership skills required to influence entire organizations.
- Manage organizational change in the context of technology deployments.
- Avoid costly security breaches, data losses and data outages.
- Create strategic advantages using emerging technologies such as Social Media, Big Data and Cloud Computing.
Today’s organizations need skilled and innovative chief information officers (CIOs) and other strategic information technology (IT) executives who can not only develop and deploy mission-critical technologies, but also ensure that those enterprise technologies have a transformational impact on organizations, employees and customers.
The Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management program is geared to provide students with the tools and experiences needed to join the ranks of “big thinking” IT professionals who are leading customer-driven technological innovations that help organizations maximize their bottom lines.
- Practical Business Application. Get exposure to hands-on, business-proven strategies and experiences, including the business management skills you need in the context of executing successful technological innovations for companies and organizations.
- Flexibility. Pick your electives or follow a recommended concentration of study, including the new Health Information Technology track, one of the first programs in the nation devoted to the development of executive IT leaders in the health care industry.
- Convenience. Classes are held during the week nights (Monday through Thursday) and, for those on an accelerated schedule, classes are offered on Friday evenings and Saturdays to minimize career interruptions.
- Choose your own pace. Take classes on an accelerated schedule and complete the program in just one year; or, mix and match with part-time weeknight classes and accelerated-schedule classes held on Fridays and Saturdays. Part-time students typically complete the program in two years.
- Cutting-edge. The MPS program’s curriculum is constantly updated to keep pace with emerging technologies, rapidly changing customer expectations and constantly evolving business needs.
- Well-connected. Faculty members and class leaders are at the forefront of innovation and action in the IT management field. Student and faculty networking can lead to career opportunities and advancement.
- Give back. The focus of the “Technology for Social Good” Capstone project is not only another great real-world experience that is part of the Technology Management program, it is an experience that enables you to join other technology students in giving back to the community, a founding Jesuit tradition at Georgetown University.
All programs offered by Georgetown are accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
International candidates who hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree are welcome to apply. An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators will be required to confirm the equivalency of education completed outside of the United States. International applicants for whom English is not their native language must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Complete admissions requirements are available on our website.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Finacial assistance is available to those who qualify. Applicants may apply for loans by completing the Free Applicaion for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Code: 001445
Size & Settings: