2121 I Street
Washington, DC 20052
MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences
Online MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences
The MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences program is designed for individuals who hold national certification or wish to become certified in Molecular Biology.
GW’s online MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences is one of the few programs that provides students with both traditional coursework in molecular biology and biotechnology, as well as the hands-on clinical rotation experience required to prepare for ASCP Board Certification in Molecular Biology.
• Modality: Online coursework in combination with in-person clinical rotation
• Total credit hours: 35
• Total number of courses: 12
• Program completion: 2 years (part-time)
• Residency requirement: Students are required to complete a clinical laboratory rotation in their geographic location.
MSHS IN MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTIC SCIENCES HIGHLIGHTS
• Prepare for the ASCP Board of Certification Exam: Get one step closer to becoming board-certified in Molecular Biology. Upon graduation, you will possess all of the skills and experience necessary to register for the exam.
• Practice-Based Faculty: Learn from seasoned professionals within the field of laboratory sciences, including those who have conducted research concerning mycobacterium tuberculosis, diabetes, and biothreat agent characterization.
• Real-World Experience: Learn by doing in a hands-on clinical rotation that not only allows you to apply your knowledge, but also enables you to sit for the board of certification exam.
• No GRE Required: The School of Medicine and Health Sciences programs do not require a GRE for admissions.
• Flexibility and Convenience: With flexible online courses, you can fit your degree into your schedule.
The George Washington University’s MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences program is in the initial stages of becoming accredited by the National Accrediting Agency of Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
Graduates of this program gain the skills and experience necessary to pursue a variety of career options including:
• Biotechnology or Government Research Associate
• Molecular Laboratory Scientist
• MLT/MLS Teaching positions
• Public Health Laboratory Scientist
The Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the financial aid process.
• FAFSA Federal ID: 001444
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• GPA of 3.0
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, or a related science (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) from a regionally accredited institution
• National certification as a Technologist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Students with other certifications should contact the program office for eligibility criteria.
• For international students, submit your official score of one of the following exams:
o Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
o International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
o Pearson Test of English (PTE)
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Loans Offered: The Office of Student Financial Assistance offers financial aid in the form of Federal Stafford Loans and alternative loans to graduate students seeking to finance their graduate educations.
Locale: Large City