The Path to a better future is right in front of you
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
MPS in Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Online Master of Professional Studies in Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology
George Mason’s online Master of Professional Studies in Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology delivers the research-back add methods and understanding of data and analytics HR professionals need to foster a culture of innovation — where each employee feels empowered and motivated to contribute new ideas, effect change, and do their best work every day.
You learn how to consistently hire candidates who are the right fit for the company, identify employees’ individual motivations, establish meaningful evaluations and reward systems, and improve training and performance programs.
• Lead, plan, and execute organizational development initiatives based on research and analysis
• Coordinate with subject matter experts to develop tests and assessments measuring job-relevant knowledge, skills, competencies and personal attributes
• Design, develop, and conduct learning procedures and programs
• Develop strategy and metrics to evaluate the impact of assessment initiatives
• Lead medium and large-scale change initiatives that support projects driving process, people, and/or technology transformation
Abilities to construct, understand, and apply research and data in human behavior as it applies to the workplace are valuable assets to companies looking to reduce human capital expenses and maximize productivity.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, growth projections for titles with this degree are often well above average.
• Training and Development Managers — 10%
• Management Analysts — 12%
• Human Resource Manager — 9%
• Industrial-Organizational Psychologists — 6%
Coursework for Mason’s online Master of Professional Studies in Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology is offered in a convenient, online, asynchronous environment — so you can learn when and where it’s most convenient to you.
The program consists of 30 credits over 10 courses.
• Required Courses
- Survey of Industrial Psychology
- Survey of Organizational Psychology
- Personnel Selection
- Psychological Research Methods
- Applied Data Analytics
- Applied Data Analytics II
- Practicum — to be completed twice
• Electives (choose three)
- Applied Leadership and Teamwork
- Motivation and Well Being
- Organizational Change and Development
- Performance Management
- Benefits and Compensation
Why choose Mason?
Students choose Mason’s online Industrial and Organizational Psychology degree because of its:
• Renowned faculty of experts and innovators
• Flexible online format designed to accommodate busy working students
• Competitively priced value for a respected master’s degree program
• Financial aid programs and life-time access to Mason’s career services
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Loans Offered: Loans may be available. Applicants may apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). GMU FAFSA Code: 003749
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999