M.A. in Sport Science and Pedagogy
The Master of Arts in Sport Science and Pedagogy is designed to assist in the advanced preparation of individuals who are involved with sport and fitness-related endeavors. These fields of endeavors may include physical education programs, coaching environments, fitness centers, sport clubs, and other physical activity settings. The development of skills will be accomplished through coursework, research, and pedagogical experience. Students will benefit from a synthesis of current and applicable information derived from both theory and practice.
The Master of Arts in Sport Science and Pedagogy program includes thirty semester hours in five components: methodology, science, socio-culture, administration, and elective. The primary focus of the program is instructional expertise in sport-related settings. The elective component of the program consists of six hours of subject area work that may be programmed to meet the specific needs of individual students. This program does not include recommendation for graduate level state licensure.
The Master of Arts in Sport Science and Pedagogy is designed to meet the following goals: Provide advanced preparation for leadership in the field of sport and fitness instruction. Develop the skills essential for the research of various aspects of sport science and pedagogy. Develop the capacity to interpret and then apply the findings of sport-related research to actual practices. Develop skills and understandings of the numerous teaching styles used in sport instruction. Foster the development of individual potential for becoming optimally effective as a teacher, coach, instructor or sport\ administrator.
*New Online format will be available Fall 2014.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa. -Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following: Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 30
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $355 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999