International Master of Business Administration (IMBA)
The International Master of Business Administration (IMBA) Program is structured to provide a strong academic foundation in international business through a comparative approach to global business. The IMBA is recognized as the professional graduate degree designed to enhance effectiveness and provide comprehensive knowledge and skills involved in managing international profit and nonprofit organizations.
The 36 credit-hour curriculum includes 21 hours of graduate international business courses, 9 hours of required general MBA core courses, and 6 hours of electives from the Graduate School of Business offerings. The two-year outline of courses has a logical sequence progressing from required courses of corporate and intercultural communication, international accounting, international business, international finance, international marketing, international trade law, and seminar in international trade to courses in major emphasis areas.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award MBA, MAcc, and International MBA degrees to qualified candidates. This regional accrediting agency regulates major universities throughout the southeast to evaluate the quality of their programs in or maintain a high level of academic excellence. Additionally, the School of Business is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa.
-Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following: Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
Master's College or University I
Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: