Frostburg State University’s master of business administration program gives you the professional edge you need to succeed in today’s demanding business world. The program provides a strong, well-rounded foundation in accounting, finance, marketing, human resources and management. Whether you work in a corporation, small business or nonprofit organization, you will gain the global perspective you need to lead, manage resources and people and become a change agent in your organization.
The FSU MBA program holds AACSB International accreditation–The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business –, a proud distinction held by only 5 percent of the world’s business programs. The program has also been rated as a top 10 best buy for AACSB-accredited online MBA programs by GetEducated.com providing assurance of quality, with flexibility and affordability.
- Earn your MBA in an online program specifically designed to meet the needs of working professionals
- Enroll full- or part-time in an MBA program designed for business and non-business majors
- Complete the MBA program in as little as 12 months with full-time enrollment. The MBA program is 36-42 credit hours depending on your academic background.
- Accounting majors from FSU can opt to enter the MBA/ACCT program with a GPA of 2.75 or better in the major and this will provide waiver of two required accounting courses. These students can complete the MBA/ACCT program is as little as 30 credit hours.
- Those students holding a CPA licensure can be given credit for the two accounting courses which will allow these students to complete the MBA program with taking just 30 credit hours (10 courses). The process for this option should be discussed with the Office of Graduate Services.
GMAT waiver is an option for those seeking admission to the MBA program if you have an advanced degree, if your undergraduate GPA is 3.65 or higher, or if you have a 3.25 GPA and two years of management or professional experience gained after college. Please note: an expection to the waiver policy applies to students who have not received their undergraduate or graduate degree from a US institution.
Enter the MBA program in the spring, summer or fall term to suit your needs and schedule.
Gain an understanding of current business technology and anticipated future trends.
Enhance your communication skills and gain new strategies for approaching challenges and managing risk.
Take part in an international learning experience that applies to your MBA program, if desired.
About Our Faculty:
Learn from our highly qualified MBA faculty members with doctoral degrees and/or professional business experiences in their field.
Interact with professors and build professional connections even when enrolled as an online MBA student.
Sample MBA Courses:
Leadership and Ethics – Utilize self-awareness and effective social influence as a framework for individual development as a leader; examine personality, behavior and ethics in relation to leadership effectiveness in a changing global society.
Economics for Managers – Explore fundamental economic concepts and their relevance to organizational performance. The course addresses the link between economic variables and normal and organizational decisions. Students examine economic decisions by the firm made within the global environment and apply tools for micro- and macro-economic analyses.
Strategic Human Resource Management – The course integrates the macro- and micro-perspectives of human resource management and examines the vital role of acquiring and retaining individuals with the skills, knowledge and abilities needed to accomplish organizational goals. The course discusses the ethical issues associated with HR responsibilities, and emphasizes motivating individuals to exhibit the behaviors (performance) essential to overall organizational success.