Fairleigh Dickinson University
Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies
Master of Arts in Student Services Administration Online
, Master of Arts in Student Services Administration
This program explores both the theoretical and practical sides of student services administration— from admissions and financial aid, student affairs and residential life, to intercollegiate athletics, student activities, campus security, and records and registration.
It offers students both convenience and flexibility in their studies, featuring in-person and online classes (with an all-online option available).
Each college program at FDU has identified outcome measures that indicate whether students are successful in meeting the specific outcomes for the program (more).
Through this program, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop the critical leadership, communication and problem-solving skills needed for a successful career in higher education.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the complex political, economic, cultural, and social challenges facing today’s colleges and universities.
- Learn from dynamic faculty with years of experience.
- Take advantage of flexible online, in-class and blended options to suit your timetable, professional and lifestyle demands, and preferred learning style.
- Benefit from specially priced tuition rates designed for recent graduates and professionals from competing colleges who receive little or no reimbursement.
The program is offered through FDU’s School of Administrative Science (SAS) of the Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies.
The Master of Arts in Student Services Administration is a thirty-six (36) credit hour, non-thesis program consisting of 18 credits of required core courses, which include a 3 credit course in a college student personnel internship, and 18 credits of electives. Required courses include: Research Methods; College Student Development; Social Issues in Higher Education; Governance, Planning and Finance in Higher Education; The Law and Student Affairs; and Student Personnel Internship. A final project paper is also required. Tuition includes 45% scholarship for all applicants.
The program is designed for off-campus and online delivery, although courses may also be offered in a blended-model with off-campus classes in a traditional classroom setting combined with online work.
Graduate Certificate Options
The MA in Student Service Administration offers students the option of obtaining certificates in one of four key areas:
- Admissions and financial aid administration
- Intercollegiate sports administration
- Institutional risks administration
- On-campus student administration
Accreditation:Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required: 36
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999