Emporia State University
The Teachers College
Curriculum and Instruction
M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction (concentrations Curriculum Leadership Pre-K-12, Effective Practitioner Pre-K-12, National Board Certification Pre-K-12
The Master of Science degree in Curriculum and Instruction concentrations prepare teachers to become staff development coordinators, curriculum specialists, practitioners, and helps prepare teachers for National Board License/licensure. Specific concentrations are 1) Curriculum Leadership, 2) Effective Practitioner, and 3) National Board.
Admission Requirements include:
- Admission to graduate study by the ESU Graduate School.
- Official transcripts of all college course work.
- GPA of 3.0 on the 60 hours of college course work for those completing a master’s degree or 3.0 on the last 30 graduate hours from a previously completed master’s degree.
- Complete and pass the Departmental Essay.
- Two reference forms from supervising administrators who have had the responsibility of evaluating your academic or professional performance.
- Complete and sign the disposition form.
Accreditation:The M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction is accredited by NCATE and the Higher Learning Commision.
International Student Requirements:For international student admissions, please visit our International Education web site.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 34
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Remote Town
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999