The Master of Science (M.S.) in Psychology is a 36- credit hour, 100% online graduate program that is designed to be completed in two years of enrolled study. The online masters in psychology program provides professional competency in psychology while developing an integrative understanding of the human person in application to service delivery. This online masters in psychology program seeks to exhibit advanced professional skills such as communication, interpersonal, leadership skills, budgeting, program evaluation, and cultural awareness in order to enable growth as a transformational leader in a service-delivery setting.
Through DMU’s unique curriculum, you will become a transformational leader, strengthened by Catholic-Christian teachings on human dignity and informed by foundations in modern psychology. DMU specializes in a Psychology curriculum that roots every course in a Catholic-Christian understanding of the human person. How will this online masters in psychology program impact your career or vocation?
By understanding the whole person and not just their behaviors, you will be prepared to:
- Help people to flourish in their personal vocations and daily life.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, manage cases, and facilitate groups.
- Act effectively in situations where de-escalation, negotiation, and crisis intervention are needed.
- Examine in-depth theory and research associated with the diagnosis and treatment of common psychological problems.
- Recognize the integrity and dignity of each person you encounter.
- Recruit and lead a volunteer team.
- Integrate research and program evaluation data to improve your practice and the delivery of services.