CTU offers forward-thinking Master's degree to dedicated Homeland Security professionals.
Colorado Technical University is proud to be one of just a handful of universities in the United States to offer a Master of Science degree in Homeland Security. CTU developed its program to provide dedicated HLS professionals with the analytical and communication tools to allow them to become decision makers in one or more areas of the field.
The dynamic online curriculum, offered through CTU's award-winning Virtual Campus,* offers students the option to choose electives in particular subfields of homeland security.
What You Can Learn
Coursework will challenge students to:
- Analyze current policy issues within the HLS enterprise and/or its sub-disciplines.
- Use research to suggest policy solutions to existing HLS problems.
- Explore strategies and institutional frameworks that affect HLS policy.
- Analyze the role of the intelligence community, first-responders, the military, the private sector and others in the HLS enterprise.
- Interpret, synthesize and critique the threat posed by terrorism, natural disasters and public health emergencies.
- Evaluate the impact of policies within HLS sub-disciplines on the creation of a common HLS strategy and effort.
How to Apply
The program curriculum is designed for students with previous coursework and/or prior work experience in homeland security. Although prior knowledge or experience in the homeland security field is not required, it is highly recommended.
Applications are being accepted now. Students interested in learning more about this program are encouraged to contact us today.
*CTU’s Virtual Campus was named “Best of the Best” in the 2009 Computerworld Honors program in the Academia and Education category.
Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411) www.ncahlc.org.
Find disclosures on graduation rates, student financial obligations and more at www.coloradotech.edu/disclosures. CTU cannot guarantee employment or salary. 42-32560 0365392 10/12