Master of Engineering (M.E.) Electrical Engineering Specialization & Master of Science (M.S.) in Electrical Engineering
Make a bigger impact within your company and enjoy the salary benefits that come with it when you earn your electrical engineering master's from a leader in engineering research and education.
Designed for engineering professionals, the online master's in electrical engineering offers a customizable curriculum students can tailor to meet their interests and career goals, with the flexibility to study from wherever you are.
What you learn
Upgrade your technical skills and learn new technologies in a program designed for engineering professionals.
Learn to use electronic theory and knowledge of materials properties to research, design, develop, and test electronic components and systems.
Topics of study include:
- Optical properties of nanostructures
- High resolution metrology techniques
- Engineering concepts of high-power pulsed electronics
- Analysis of power systems (current, voltage, and active/reactive power)
- Grid integration of wind energy systems
- Linear and non-linear optical properties
- Physics and operation of energy devices; solar-photovoltaic, wind energy, gas, coal and nuclear plants
- Particle beam accelerator technology and engineering
Who is a good fit for this program?
- Those with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Students who want to know more than just facts – they have a curiosity for understanding why things are the way they are
- Those who want to use the latest science, tools, and technology to shape the future and bring ideas to life
- Those with a vision for how something should work and a dedication to making it better, faster, and more efficient
- Those who want to use their knowledge to improve people's lives in meaningful ways
Study with expert faculty in a department committed to innovation and excellence
Colorado State University is currently home to a National Science Foundation (NSF) Engineering Research Center (ERC) in Extreme Ultraviolet Laser Technology and a partner in an ERC in Collaborative Adaptive Sensing of the Atmosphere. NSF ERCs are highly prestigious institutes that focus on research of national and global importance. The NSF's recognition of CSU is a testament to the caliber of research our faculty produce and bring into coursework.
As a student in the online master's in electrical engineering, you will study with the same faculty who teach on campus and benefit from the knowledge gained through their research. The electrical engineering master's degree you earn online is the same degree on-campus students earn, but with the flexibility to study from wherever you are.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission