Master of Science in Nursing
The Masters program in Nursing prepares students for advanced specialized practice. The curriculum is population health based Students can choose from the following tracks:
• A Forensic Nursing track prepares nurses to provide health care to a specific population - victims or perpetrators of crime.
• The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) track is part of a national initiative sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. After successful completion, graduates can sit for the CNL certification exam.
• The Nurse Education track is designed for nurses interested in teaching in a school of nursing or an education or staff development setting in a clinical agency.
• The Specialized Population track allows students to choose a population on which to focus. This provides a great range of possibilities for specialization.
• In addition to these offerings, the School of Nursing and the College of Business offer a combined MSN/MBA degree.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Students must have a BSN from an accredited institution and a license to practice as a RN in their state of residence.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Loans Offered: Please work with the University's Financial Aid Office for possible loans.
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 0-999