With new focus on care coordination due to the Affordable Care Act, now is the time to draw attention to the integral role you play as a nurse in improving patient engagement. Capella’s RN-to-MSN in Care Coordination will prepare you to lead collaboration between health care providers and expand your patient advocacy skills to a more holistic patient approach—allowing you to be a more effective leader within your organization’s clinical management team.
• Leading the way as one of the only two care coordination MSN’s available in the U.S.
• CCNE-accredited and designed around Case Management Society of America (CMSA) Standards of Practice for Case Management.
• Relevant, personalized program integrates Patient Centered Medical Home model of care (PCMH) and AACN’s Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing.
• 100% of courses are online with 24/7 access for ultimate flexibility.
• Exclusive virtual labs that allow you to practice real-world challenges like interdisciplinary communication strategies, on-going plan refinement, and setting up support structures in the home.
• 30 months to achieve your MSN without accruing the cost or time to complete a BSN.
• Doctoral-prepared faculty with extensive experience in care coordination.
With Capella’s RN-to-MSN in Care Coordination, you’ll be expanding on the skills you already have as a nurse to a more holistic patient approach, allowing you to play an integral role in your organization’s clinical management team by leveraging skills—like setting up care plans and support structures—to improve patient outcomes. The care coordination program also includes 100 hours of practice immersion, so you can immediately put your learning to use.
Potential careers with an online MSN in Care Coordination include: care coordinator, nurse navigator, nurse care manager, patient care coordinator, patient care educator, case manager, patient advocate, or population care coordinator.
With an MSN in Care Coordination you’ll build your networking opportunities as you work with many different departments and play an integral role in your organization’s clinical management team.
Capella Education Company was named one of Forbes magazine’s “100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America” for 2014 (Forbes, 2014).