Expand your leadership responsibilities, shape systems of care, and educate future generations of nurses with Capella University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. This CCNE-accredited* program is designed for nurses who are looking to enhance their administrative, organizational, and systems leadership skills while striving toward transforming patient care**. With our interprofessional approach, you learn about, from, and with other health care professions, gaining leadership skills to partner across professions to achieve common goals.
Our online DNP program lets you to take the most direct path to your goals and could allow you to save time and money by earning your degree in as few as 2.25 years***. Additionally, our flexible online course room is designed for busy, working nurses looking to advance their careers while also balancing work and life commitments.
• Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum allows you to gain the relevant competencies that employers are looking for. Discover specifically what you'll learn, and how you can apply the knowledge and skills to make a direct impact on the lives of your patients and staff.
• Credible: Capella’s DNP program is accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and incorporates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice.
• Expert Faculty: You’ll gain real-world perspectives and insights through a scholar-practitioner and competency-based model led by top faculty, renowned for both academic and industry expertise.
• Real-World Experience: Our integrated doctoral capstone and practice immersion allows you to work with an organization to solve real-world challenges – giving you the professional experience you need to lead at the top of your field.
• Expand Your Leadership Skills: Our virtual nursing environment gives you the chance to practice leadership scenarios in a fail-safe setting.
Save Time and Money: Capella will recognize up to 500 hours from your previous post-baccalaureate experience toward your practice immersion requirement. You could maximize your investment and help fund your degree through a number of money-saving options including scholarships, employer discounts, and military benefits. Estimate your costs and graduation date.
• Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
Whether you already have your MSN or a non-nursing master’s degree, Capella can help you choose the right path to getting your DNP on a schedule that fits into your life. If you have a non-nursing master’s degree see our DNP Preparatory program to help transition to your DNP.
With your DNP from Capella, you'll have a science-based theoretical foundation from which to develop and evaluate new practices and approaches to health care delivery. You'll also be able to lead planning and implementation of health care technologies, as well as develop, implement, and advocate for health care policies that meet the needs of specific populations.
Common careers with a DNP include: nursing administrator, education consultant, chief nursing officer, health care director, lobbyist or legislative consultant, and nursing professor. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, community health agency, community or technical college, land-based or online university, hospital-based school of nursing, government agency, and self-employment.
Capella Education Company was named one of Forbes magazine’s “100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America” for 2014 (Forbes, 2014).
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
Must have an unrestricted RN license for any nursing program. Doctoral students must have a master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.